Llegiu l’article complet (en Anglès) publicat a The Observer, diumenge 27 de gener de 2013. Aquest no adressa directament la hipnosi o hipnoteràpia. Encara que si heu començat a desenvolupar un interès per aquesta cosa increïble que és el nostre cervell, els fets sorprenents sobre el nostre cos que llegireu aquí us poden fascinar. Per Brian Clegg. Extracte:
- If you are like most people, you will locate your conscious mind roughly behind your eyes, as if there were a little person sitting there, steering the much larger automaton that is your body. You know there isn’t really a tiny figure in there, pulling the levers, but your consciousness seems to have an independent existence, telling the rest of your body what to do.
In reality, much of the control comes from your unconscious. Some tasks become automatic with practice, so that we no longer need to think about the basic actions. When this happens the process is handled by one of the most primitive parts of the brain, close to the brain stem. However even a clearly conscious action such as picking up an object seems to have some unconscious precursors, with the brain firing up before you make the decision to act. There is considerable argument over when the conscious mind plays its part, but there is no doubt that we owe a lot more to our unconscious than we often allow.
- 7 Surprising Truths about Body Language (publicwords.typepad.com)
- It’s not just what you think about… (minddetoxtunbridgewells.wordpress.com)
- Consciousness is the Creative Process (dragonintuitive.com)
- What is the Unconscious? (masterdreaminterpreter.wordpress.com)